Strong bases such as caustic (potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide), lime, and the like. Strong bases are more destructive to tissues than strong acids. Because of their strong permeability, deep tissue dehydrates cells, dissolves tissue proteins, and forms strong base protein compounds to deepen the wound surface.
If the alkaline solution is soaked in the clothes, immediately remove the contaminated clothing and rinse the wound thoroughly with plenty of water.
After thorough cleaning, dilute hydrochloric acid, dilute acetic acid (or vinegar) neutralizing agent can be used. Then neutralize with sodium bicarbonate solution or alkaline soap. According to the situation, please ask the doctor to take other measures.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Frostbite first aid measures
- First aid substitutes
- Emergency treatment of heat stroke
- Home emergency nine tabooⅠ
- Home emergency nine tabooⅡ
- Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning (toxic gas poiso...
- Tracheal foreign body
- Angina patients rescue points
- How to dial emergency number
- On-site first aid purposes and principles
- Chemical burns - phosphorus burns
- What is a first aid kit?
- What are the signs of the first aid kit?
- The effect of first aid kit on trauma
- The role of safety gloves
- The use of elastic bandages in first aid
- Introduction to PVC gloves